Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Me and ADela: May 2006


13 May started when I went to the train station to pick up Adela (my cousin)... Not very hot day, on the contrary, it was quite cloudy and the wind was kind of blowing. But that week-end was great. We were together, we spoke in Romanian (what is the most important) and we visited a lot of places in the region where I live, in Poland. WE went to the mountains,hitch-hiking to Magurka (hi hi hi to the noninitiated J), we visited Żywiec – the town where the famous Polish beer is made – we visited Kraków (original pronounciation :P) and we went to Auschwitz (Oświęcim, in Polish) of course and we took a tour of the Polish capital – the one and only Warszawa..... Not to mention that we took long walks on the streets of Bielsko, on the hills and we ventured into all these experience with a lot of courage and with all the Polish that I had gained (JJJ) and with some more English, of course. Not to forget about maps... We needed that...badly ;) It was an unforgetttable experience that I don\t think it will happen again, very full of adeventures (the train to Warsaw at 3 am , we didn’t have Polish money because the ATM didn’t want to work – none of them – and we were a little bit scared of the consequences of this fact....), and fun (I laughed my asss off, excuse me for using this phrase, but it is the best way to express how much I laughed JJJJJJ:J:JJJJ) of good and BAD mood, of annoyance or of irritation (from my side, sometimes because of Adela’s constant questions starting with “Why...?”) She had the opportunity of meeting some of my frinds and my flat mates, she met Kuba also and she indeed TOOK A LOT OF PICTURES!!!!! There you go my little Japonese! :* She tried a little bit of the Polish dishes more or less delicious :D and she discovered the joy of buying souvenirs (at the thought of the joy it would bring ;)).... Oh, and how could I forget???? She played the guitar and she was indeed proud of herself (and so you should have been ) since she had discovered some of the accords of one of Radiohead’s song.... Great, isn’t it? She then discovered the charms of my little female friend, my rabbit, Anisse and they have soon become friends... (“Din lumea celor care nu cuvanta” ;) ) And ever since the beginning she tried to handle this very complicated and mind boggling pronounciation of this cruel language – Polish!!!! Do you remember how to say one , two, three, in Polish, my dear? :::::::::D The week was long and at the same time short because we did a lot of things and because we were busy and trying to achieve something every time... J It was unique and the photos wil remain the best words to express that. I don’t want to sound melodramatic or melancholic or nostalgic (I’m reading Kundera, I know the etymology of the word - ha ha ha :J:J:J)
So , thanks Addela for tha nice time we had together and for the small presents (but all of them important for me :D) that you brought! Plus (a big + ) for the Romanian that I practised during your stay (and the litle bit of Spanish) ;)
I to jest koniec (as the Polish would say: And this is the end)....

1 comment:

Adela said...

:) ADela here :) Thank you for the lovely...impressions your left here for anyone to read. And for about 9 truly unforgettable days. And for being my cousin :D And for the essay :)) Take care!