Saturday, January 03, 2009

Monday, 24 October 2005, Daniela, together with Agnieszka Jagiello...


Monday, 24 October 2005, Daniela, together with Agnieszka Jagiello aka Malutka and the new @ recruited members proceed to Katowice. Katowice is one of the biggest cities in Poland, an industrial city and - as the @ members of that LC told me (sorry, to Daniela) - it is the third most important LC in Poland. And as I said, we proceed to Katowice. Adventure, Polish words, English, laughter, adventure, Polish roads, (and I, who thought they didn't have the same bumpy kind... ) radio songs, singing and even dancing (imagine that in a small Opel Astra), "threats" of crush tests, we arrive in [my nose communicates to my brain that this is the (bad)smell of industrialism and...Katowice!!!] Sorry, it was Daniela speaking... And, yes, here it is!!! Budynek numer siedem or as I would say in English, building number seven. This is the building that hosts a beautiful @ office. The office of @ Katowice!!! Daniela's eyes caught a lot of activities people in those rooms were enterprising. Like people trying to find materials for preparing the LCC (VisBa, hotel Relax, 4-6 November 2005), updating data basis, making calls to companies and (why not?) chatting on the Polish version of the well known Yahoo Messanger, Gadu-Gadu... :) And just like @ers with imagination, they found a solution of displaying 4 @wall clocks.
1st @ clock => local time of Poland
2nd @ clock => local time of Japan
3rd @ clock => local time of Russia
4th @ clock => local time of U.S.A.
You could feel the interculturality...:)) And, it was here that I felt again how small (I like to talk for Daniela, przepraszam=sorry)this world is sometimes!!! There was (shame on you, Daniela)a girl whose name I don't remember... :( Anyway, she was at our last year's NPS, in Olanesti, my first conference. She is in love with Romania and she wants to have a traineeship there and she wants to learn Romanian... The guys were ok after their interviews. The guys from Bielsko-Biala. Because this was the reason why we went there in the first place. Katowice is in charge of Bielsko-Biala because @ in BB has only one active member and 2 trainees. And if they want @ in BB thay have to get knowledge from the people in Katowice!!! So, it felt great to be surrounded by @ people, busy and having a common goal... It felt so real and Daniela definitely got the energy and the will to do things, to do them better, to want more, because she really likes what she is doing here. We will see how motivated BB people are and who I could help in my "meandering experience..." And apparently one of my projects will develop and I will only speak about it when it grows, but until then I have to do the "mamaliga" 'cos I promised to do that for the LCC, otherwise Polish people coming to this conference will decrease ;) Buzi!!!
P.S. I .am really proud to be learning one of the most difficult languages in the world. Presenting next time. Dziekuje! (=thanks) Czesc, oameni buni!
P. P. S. I wasn't so lazy as a student ... definitely...not THAT lazy!!! (You know the meaning of ...pain in the ass? ;))
Daniela doesn't have an @ signature but she knows how to use her hands and the keyboard =>DANIELA

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!